Due to the Ontario State of Emergency, The United Church of Canada Archives will be closed to staff and patrons until February 10, 2021. Archives staff will re-evaluate the situation at that time. As such, the following services will be disrupted:
- The Archives will not be accepting in-person researchers until March 2021 at which time the Archives will re-evaluate the situation based on provincial guidance.
- Archivists will not be able to respond to requests until the State of Emergency is lifted. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Baptismal, marriage, and burial certificate requests for legal purposes;
- Requests for adoption records;
- Requests from Day School or Residential School survivors;
- United Church of Canada internal legal, property, personnel or pension requests.
- UCC Archives has suspended all inter-library loans (including microfilm) until March 2021 and will re-evaluate the situation at that time.
- General Council Archives will not be receiving materials during the State of Emergency. If you have any questions or concerns about the records please contact the Archives.
- The Ontario Regional Council Archives program will not be receiving records until March 2021 and will re-evaluate the situation at that time. Archivists are still available to answer any questions you may have regarding future transfer of records. To ensure the protection of any records at risk, please be in touch with your regional council office.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.