The United Church of Canada Archives have re-opened to staff-only as of September 14, 2020, after closing in March due to COVID-19. Staff will only be in the building with physical access to records on an essential basis. The Archives may close at any time due to the ever-changing situation with COVID-19. As such, the following services will be disrupted:
- The Archives will not be accepting in-person researchers until 2021.
- Archivists will be giving precedence to urgent reference requests, as such, any non-urgent research requests may be delayed beyond our normal wait time. Priorities will be given to:
- Baptismal, marriage, and burial certificate requests for legal purposes;
- Requests for adoption records;
- Requests from Day School or Residential School survivors;
- United Church of Canada internal legal, property, personnel or pension requests.
- UCC Archives has suspended all inter-library loans (including microfilm) until 2021.
- General Council Archives will only be receiving materials on a pre-approved, as needed basis and depending on staff availability. Materials may only arrive through mail.
- The Ontario Regional Council Archives program will not be receiving records in 2020. Archivists are still available to answer any questions you may have regarding future transfer of records. To ensure the protection of any records at risk, please be in touch with your regional council office.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.