The United Church of Canada Archives re-opened to staff on July 16, 2021. Staff will only be in the building with physical access to records on an essential basis. The Archives may close at any time due to the ever-changing situation with COVID-19.
Visitors & Reference Desk
- The Archives is not accepting in person researchers at this time. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and provincial guidelines and will advise patrons when we begin to re-open to the public.
- Archivists will be able to respond to essential reference requests beginning on July 16, 2021. Priority will be given to:
- Baptismal, marriage, and burial certificate requests for legal purposes;
- Requests for adoption records;
- Requests from Day School or Residential School survivors;
- United Church of Canada internal legal, property, personnel or pension requests.
- Reproduction request are not considered essential services. These requests will be placed in queue for response and action when staff are able to resume digitization services. UCC Archives has suspended all inter-library loans (including microfilm).
- General Council Archives will only be receiving materials on a pre-approved, as needed basis and depending on staff availability.
- The Ontario Regional Council Archives program will not be receiving records at this time. Archivists are still available to answer any questions you may have regarding future transfer of records. To ensure the protection of any records at risk, please be in touch with your regional council office.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.