As of April 8, 2021, United Church of Canada Archives is closed to staff due to the stay-at-home order. Staff will not be in the building and will not have physical access to records. As such, the following services will be disrupted:
Visitors & Reference Desk
- The Archives is not accepting in person researchers at this time. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and provincial guidance and will advise patrons when we begin to re-open to the public.
- Beginning on April 8, 2021, archivists will not be able to respond to requests. This includes:
- Baptismal, marriage, and burial certificate requests for legal purposes;
- Requests for adoption records;
- Requests from Day School or Residential School survivors;
- United Church of Canada internal legal, property, personnel or pension requests.
- Reproduction requests will be placed in queue for response and action when staff are able to resume digitization services.
- UCC Archives has suspended all inter-library loans (including microfilm).
- General Council Archives will only be receiving materials on a pre-approved, as needed basis and depending on staff availability.
- The Ontario Regional Council Archives program will not be receiving records at this time. Archivists are still available to answer any questions you may have regarding future transfer of records. To ensure the protection of any records at risk, please be in touch with your regional council office.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.